Bore Flow Testing
The Airwell Group is fully equipped to provide one of the most accurate and comprehensive flow testing and reporting services Australia wide.
Our flow testing service and procedure will typically include:
1. Set up of testing equipment
2. Logging starts
3. The test will commence with a step drawdown test to determine the flow rate for the Constant Rate pumping test.
4. The bore is logged during recovery with water levels being logged until the initial standing water level is restored, often overnight.
5. The Constant Rate flow test will commence for the period specified by the client
6. Conclude pumping with recovery rate being logged until the standing water level is restored to within at least 10% of initial level
7. Logging is concluded
8. Data logging results are transferred to an excel spreadsheet and a copy supplied to the client
Our Monitoring Equipment
The Airwell Group’s unique flow/pump testing equipment has been developed and tested in the field over many years. Our data logging equipment enables Airwell to provide our clients with a highly accurate record of the flow test from start to finish. Our equipment includes:
- Certified Dual Mag Flow meters for recording of flow rates.
- Variable speed drive to control the pump speed and flow rate.
- Pressure transducers & bubbler tube systems to very accurately monitor standing water levels in the bore.
- Additional capabilities to monitor SWL in any observation bores located in the vicinity of the flow test.
- All equipment is PLC controlled and can be set to automatically take readings at any desired frequency as required by the client. All pumping parameters can be entered and/or modified in the PLC by the operators on site or remotely via SCADA.
- All monitoring equipment is mounted inside a steel skid unit for protection and ease of transport.
- Equipment to measure and log water EC, pH and water temperature in real time.
New: Airwell have long had the ability to fully monitor and control our flow testing systems remotely via SCADA. With the introduction of Satelite communications we are now able to remotely monitor the flow testing results live from our offices in Perth even if no mobile phone signal is available. This also provides the client the opportunity to progressively review the results and request changes to the flow testing parameters. We can provide the client or Hydro geologist with a Laptop fully set up to log on to the Airwell Flow Test system. This is a unique feature only available from Airwell.
We are fully equipped to undertake flow testing ranging from 0 to 120 litres per second and from depths up to 200 meters. Testing outside of these parameters is available subject to negotiation. We offer:
- A selection of electric submersible pumps to achieve required flow rates.
- Mine site ready vehicles
- Trained and experienced operators with previous mine site exposure.
To find out about Airwell's flow testing equipment and capabilities contact us.
For more detailed information see our Bore Flow Testing technical data sheet.