Bore Flow Testing
The Airwell Group is fully equipped to provide one of the most accurate and comprehensive flow testing and reporting services Australia wide.
Our flow testing service and procedure will typically include:
1. Set up of testing equipment
2. Logging starts
3. The test will commence with a step drawdown test to determine the flow rate for the pumping test
4. Overnight recovery test with water levels being logged until the initial standing water level is restored
5. The set flow rate test will commence for the period specified by the client
6. Conclude pumping with recovery rate being logged until the standing water level is restored to within at least 10% of initial level
7. Logging is concluded
8. Data logging results are transferred to an excel spreadsheet and a copy supplied to the client
Our Monitoring Equipment
The Airwell Group’s unique flow/pump testing equipment has been developed and tested in the field over many years. Our data logging equipment enables Airwell to provide our clients with a highly accurate record of the flow test from start to finish. Our equipment includes:
- Mag Flow meter for recording of flow rates.
- Variable speed drive to control the pump speed and flow rate.
- Pressure transducers & bubbler tube to monitor standing water levels in the bore.
- Additional capabilities to monitor SWL in any observation bores located in the vicinity of the flow test.
- All equipment is PLC controlled and can be set to automatically take readings every 5 to 60 seconds as required by the client. All pumping parameters can be entered and/or modified in the PLC by the operators on site.
- All monitoring equipment is mounted inside a steel skid unit for protection and ease of transport
New: With the introduction of a SCADA control unit to our testing equipment we are now able to remotely monitor the flow testing results live from our offices in Perth. This also provides the client the opportunity to progressively review the results and request changes to the flow testing parameters. This is a unique feature only available from Airwell.
We are fully equipped to undertake flow testing ranging from 0 to 120 litres per second and from depths up to 150 meters. Testing outside of these parameters is available subject to negotiation. We offer:
- A selection of electric submersible pumps to achieve required flow rates.
- Mine site ready vehicles
- Trained and experienced operators with previous mine site exposure.
To find out about Airwell's flow testing equipment and capabilities contact us.
For more detailed information see our Bore Flow Testing technical data sheet.